The Mentor award seeks to target individuals who during their careers demonstrate extraordinary leadership and practical help and guidance to:
- Support career development and progression in cardiovascular-related fields
- Advocate for the mentees in the cardiovascular sector
- Increase the participation, confidence and through this enhance the career sustainability of underrepresented groups in cardiovascular research.
Such commitment and extraordinary effort may be demonstrated by:
- the number and diversity of individuals mentored
- assisting mentees e.g. to present and publish their work, to find grants or other means to support their work, and to provide career guidance
- providing psychological support, encouragement, and essential strategies for life in academia and beyond
- continued interest in the individual’s professional advancement.
- The nominee must have demonstrated leadership in mentoring as defined above.
- The nominee does not have to be an ACvA
- The nominee agrees to participate in promotional activities related to the ACvA Excellence in Cardiovascular Research should they be required.
How to nominate
- Self-nominations are NOT accepted
- The nomination should include a brief description of how the nominee has demonstrated their leadership.
- The nominator should complete the application form using the link below, noting the requirement for testimonials from two mentees and one peer.
- The key criteria will be demonstrating that the nominee has demonstrated extraordinary leadership and practical help and guidance.
- The nominations will be provided to a review panel who select the award based on the above.
Applications close on Monday 5th September at 5pm (AEST).
Before applying, we recommend that you read our FAQs HERE.