The Mentor award seeks to target individuals who during their careers demonstrate extraordinary leadership and practical help and guidance to:
- Support career development and progression in cardiovascular-related fields
- Advocate for the mentees in the cardiovascular sector
- Increase the participation, confidence and through this enhance the career sustainability of underrepresented groups in cardiovascular research.
Such commitment and extraordinary effort may be demonstrated by:
- the number and diversity of individuals mentored
- assisting mentees e.g. to present and publish their work, to find grants or other means to support their work, and to provide career guidance
- providing psychological support, encouragement, and essential strategies for life in academia and beyond
- continued interest in the individual’s professional advancement.
- The nominee must have demonstrated leadership in mentoring as defined above.
- The nominee does not have to be an ACvA
- The nominee agrees to participate in promotional activities related to the ACvA Excellence in Cardiovascular Research should they be required.
How to nominate
- Self-nominations are NOT accepted
- The nomination should include a brief description of how the nominee has demonstrated their leadership.
- The nominator should complete the application form using the link below, noting the requirement for testimonials from two mentees and one peer.
- The key criteria will be demonstrating that the nominee has demonstrated extraordinary leadership and practical help and guidance.
- The nominations will be provided to a review panel who select the award based on the above.
Sample application form
To view the application form, click HERE.
Applications close on Monday 12th September at 5pm (AEST).
Before applying, we recommend that you read our FAQs HERE.